What we’re looking for in one sentence
A passionate wordsmith able to distill information and produce persuasive copy across all media whether writing new, repurposing old or editing existing copy.
Outline of the position
- To write compelling words to promote our client’s products and services across a range of on and offline media
- Flexibility to write in a range of styles and formats depending on the output and tone of voice required
- Ability to carry out research into markets, industries, companies and topics with a view to producing content and strategy based on your findings
- Confidence to advise our team and our clients on content and produce proposals from their briefs
- Proactively work on client copywriting requirements
- To effectively liaise and work with both the internal bda team and external clients
- To assist with the writing of both planned and reactive social media content
- Ability to analyse the effectiveness of content based campaigns and refine the words used to maximise audience engagement
- Writing of content to support bda’s own marketing, including social media support, blog writing and editing, award entry production, case study creation, etc.
- Checking and proofreading of work produced by bda
- Liason with any external copywriters used by bda.
Necessary Personal Qualities
You should be a creative, passionate and curious people person who loves writing, researching and storytelling using a range of media. You should be self motivated, have a positive outlook and always be willing to help. You should enjoy what you do, have a strong interest in writing and marketing. You must be reliable, organised, understanding, adaptable, determined, a strong communicator and team player. Furthermore, you must have a keen eye for detail, be a multi-tasker and have great time management skills.
Finally, you should be an ideas person, a thinker and someone who gets a kick out of improving everything they are involved in.
Required Key Skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Great spelling and punctuation
- Ability to break down complex messages into engaging stories
- An understanding of emotional and rational drivers to compel and persuade within promotional content
- Experience in editing and repurposing content for digital channels
- Knowledge of techniques to grab attention, drive traffic, convert sales, inspire loyalty and enhance reputations
- Flair for writing lively, entertaining and colloquial copy using a wide range of tone and styles to suit the media, audience and objective
- Ability to ensure design, graphics, images and typography work with your copy, not against it
- A desire to suggest new content ideas and take the lead on projects or explore opportunities
- High level of computer literacy, particularly within Word, Keynote and Excel
- Confidence in liaising with and presenting to clients.
Beneficial Skills & Knowledge
These skills are advantageous yet not required for the position.
- Ability to understand and make sense of data
- PR knowledge and experience
- Experience and expertise in managing organic social media content
- Experience in content curation – taking / sorting existing content and placing into specific themes.
Qualifications and Experience
- You should have at least 2-3 year’s copywriting experience, preferably within an agency. B2B client experience a bonus although not essential
- Hands-on proficiency with social media
- Proven ability to deliver successful inbound marketing campaigns (we’d love to see examples).
bda is an award winning digital marketing company and officially one of the 20 best small places to work in the UK. We are Investors in People Gold Certified and work with clients including LloydsPharmacy, AXA, Ingram Micro, Unify, Autoglym and The Cooperative. Our team is made up of a blend of designers, developers, project managers, strategists and data scientists all of whom are passionate about what they do. We provide a host of creative digital strategy services within analytics, digital media, motion graphics and content marketing areas.
Although based in Buckingham you may need to visit clients. Normal working hours are 9.00am to 5.30pm, but flexibility is required in order to meet the requirements of the role.
Send in a your CV along with a covering letter detailing your salary expectations to: firstname.lastname@example.org.