Senior Digital Designer
Outline of the position
We work with a broad spectrum of clients on both a national and increasingly international level, and provide services ranging from print design, advertising and exhibitions to digital media, motion, mobile and social media.
The role will see you working with the whole bda team predominantly on digital projects and needs an excellent understanding of UX and UI for web and mobile applications, but you will also be happy to work on other more traditional medias too.
Within this role you will:
- Be a senior point of contact for the entire bda team, but in particular for the production manager and design team members
- Work with the creative director to make sure bda’s creativity is to the highest standards
- Look into current creative trends, advise on those and incorporate them, where appropriate, into the work we produce
- Advise and work with all team members to develop our creativity throughout the company
- Implement industry best practice in your design
- Work directly with clients and our wider team to develop great UX and UI experiences
- Be a point of reference and escalation for less senior designers
This role is focused on maximising the quality of the design we produce and the processes through which it is produced by our team. It will have a significant impact on bda and the way we work and demands a very personable, tenacious and driven individual who understands design and its best practice.
You will have a keen eye for design, be a multi-tasker, be able to prioritise whilst ensuring you effectively liaise with the account management team, creative director, production manager and web developers regarding the projects you are involved in.
Required Key Skills
- Excellent eye for design
- Exceptional understanding of Adobe Creative Suite and complimentary creative software packages (i.e. Sketch)
- Great people and communication skills
- Ability to implement industry best practice
Beneficial skills, but not necessary to fulfill the role
- Illustrative skills so you can hand-draw and scamp designs for presentation to clients or for use internally
- Motion graphics design capabilities
Qualifications and Experience
You must have at least 5 years’ experience within the creative studio of an agency.
Necessary Personal Qualities
You must be an organised, meticulous individual with excellent design skills who is able to work with a range of people both internally and externally to the company. You will be self motivated, determined, have a positive outlook and always be willing to help. You must also be reliable, understanding, adaptable, a strong communicator and team player. Furthermore, you must have great time management skills, a sense of humor and a commitment to make sure things get done.
Finally you should be an ideas person, a thinker, a problem solver and someone who gets a kick out of improving the success of all they are involved in.
Although based in Buckingham you will need to visit clients. Normal working hours are 9.00am to 5.30pm, but flexibility is required in order to meet the requirements of the role.
Send in a your CV along with a covering letter detailing your salary expectations to: email@example.com.